No matter what kind of case you have, it is essential that you're working with the right attorney. By working with an attorney who is familiar with the laws that affect your case, the court, and the legal process, you can give yourself the best chance of getting compensation.
How to Find a Good Lawyer
Choosing the best attorney isn't always easy. In fact, many supposed law firms actually just refer you to other attorneys who aren't with them. So, how can you protect your interests? Here are five tips for choosing a great attorney.
1. Ask if they are a referral service
To start with, clarify if you'll be working with the firm you called or if they'll refer you to an outside attorney. You want to make sure the firm backs its attorneys and their skills.
2. Interview potential attorneys
How can you really know if a lawyer is good or not? By asking some very specific questions. Many firms and attorneys offer free consultations, so you can take that time to interview your attorney. Ask a few questions such as:
- How long have you been practicing?
- How much experience do you have in this type of legal matter?
- Are you certified or skilled in any way that benefits my particular case?
- How are your fees structured?
- How many cases are successful? Is there a high percentage of success?
- How often will bills be received, and how long do you have to pay them?
In other words, ask as many questions as you can about how you'll be treated and how skilled the attorney is.
3. Do a background check
Yes, it's possible to do a background check on a potential new attorney. You want to check that they are in good standing with the bar. If not, you should move on to a new attorney. You can also check a lawyer's reputation by reading reviews from former clients.
4. Go to the attorney's office
Like with number 1, going to the office is a way to making sure the firm has attorneys in-house. Additionally, looking at how neat an office is and how well-run it is will tell you much about a firm.
5. Ask around
Ask for referrals, ask for suggestions from attorneys who can't take your case, and be sure that you're doing your due diligence in finding out how others perceive the attorney or firm. Other attorneys may be able to help you by telling you what to look for as signs of a good lawyer.
How Asvar Law Can Help
These are some tips for choosing an attorney with whom you can work confidently. If you find at any time that an attorney is not handling your case well, it's a good idea to look into working with someone else. Our attorneys are here to help get you the compensation you deserve!
- Attorney Christopher Asvar - Attorney Asvar provides expert representation focused on brain injury and catastrophic injury litigation in both civil lawsuits and workers' compensation claims.
- Attorney Theresia Falter - Attorney Falter works relentlessly to obtain favorable outcomes for her personal injury and workers' compensation clients. She has also devoted extensive time and effort to Asvar Law's charitable and pro bono work.
- Attorney Jonathan Perez - Attorney Perez is skilled in obtaining compensation for injured workers who have been denied treatment or have had their treatment unfairly delayed.
If you are looking for the right lawyer for your case, or if you feel that your case would be better served by finding a new attorney to represent you, contact Asvar Law today. Call (888) 399-1007 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal needs.