Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Aggressively Fighting For Brain Injury Victims in California
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can have a debilitating effect on injury victims whether they suffer a mild concussion or experience severe fractures and bleeding. Recovering a severe TBI can be costly and time-intensive.
If your brain injury was caused by someone else's negligence at the workplace or offsite, working with a skilled Los Angeles traumatic brain injury attorney can help you receive the compensation necessary to assist with your rehabilitation and other expenses.
Common causes of TBI include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Assaults and domestic violence
- Gunshot wounds and combat/military attacks
- Recreational and professional sports
Traumatic brain injury cases can be complex to resolve because it is difficult to determine the full extent of the damage done. Our Los Angeles brain injury attorneys at Asvar Law have substantial experience handling complicated personal injury cases in courthouses throughout California.
Our lawyers have the skill set, dedication and resources to take your claim from its beginning to its resolution.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)?
A traumatic brain injury is usually the result of a blow to the head or body -- it may be a closed head injury or a penetrative one, where an object goes through the brain tissue. Something such as a shattered piece of skull can affect the brain.
A brain injury does not have to be severe to affect a person, even a mild traumatic brain injury has the possibility of affecting brain cells permanently.
- Related: TBI Can Cause Seizures
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
There are seven types of traumatic brain injuries:
- Coup-contrecoup Brain Injury -- often caused by serious motor vehicle accidents, falls, and assault
- Concussion, or mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) -- common causes include sudden blows to the head, contact sports, and falls
- Brain Contusion -- typically a mild form of bleeding of the brain, however, if it does not stop on its own, it may need to be removed surgically
- Diffuse Axonal Injury (DAI)
- Second Impact Syndrome
- Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Penetrating Injury -- when an object penetrates the skull and the brain
We Take a Team-Based Approach to Defend Your Case
Our principal attorney, Chris Asvar, has set national records for compensation he has received on behalf of injury victims and their loved ones. Under his direction, our team customizes cutting-edge strategies that hold at-fault parties responsible for careless or negligent acts.
When we take your case, we will explore all options so that you receive the damages you deserve, including:
- Economic losses, which can cover your lost wages, diminished earning capacity and medical expenses
- Noneconomic losses, which can cover pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of companionship and consortium
We only represent clients concerned with workers' compensation issues and personal injury matters, so we have a deep understanding of these practice areas and legal procedures. We have developed professional relationships with medical experts, accident reconstruction experts and others instrumental in building a strong case.
Brain injuries can be life-changing. We are here to fight for your case so that you have the financial support you need to handle these changes.